Sunday, October 26, 2008

Birthday Wishes

Hello! I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. This week just kind of got away from me, and here we are on Sunday, and it's been a week since I posted last. My sincerest apologies (life happens right?). Things have been going well this week, for the most part, and now here I am relaxing after having a great weekend! Yesterday was my sister, Beth's, 21st (and 19 years..) birthday! It was a collaborative effort between my brother in law, Tim, me and many others to help throw a surprise party for her. It ended up being a huge success and she was incredibly surprised :) I love my sister, and I know there couldn't of been a better way to celebrate her birthday then with close friends and family. I made her a 'Diva Kit' as her gift. I was looking at all these gag gift ideas for when people turn 40, and I was thinking 'ya know...she'll never use most of this stuff!'. It just seemed kind of like a waste of money in my opinion. So, I thought of doing a gift basket with items such as a bottle of Wine, Lotion, Celestial Seasonings Tea, one of those personal sized Betty Crocker dessert bowls, Lindt Truffles (mmmm..), Softlips chapstick, and of course, candles. All the things you need to make you feel like a diva, if just for a moment :) Anyways, it was fun to shop for and make! Too bad I didn't take a picture of it! But I did take a picture of this fun card I made for her.

I love this new set I got from Inkadinkado. Isn't the cupcake cute?! I did a heat emboss on this one with a transparent glitter embossing powder. This picture does not do the card justice. It is really shimmery in person!

Well, I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend, and please come back this week! I plan on showcasing some more of my cards to make up for last week :)

*love*

No comments: