Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm alive!

Yes, I am alive! Sorry for my absence, it's been one of those weeks. Well, I guess 11 days. Just some things going on that have kept me away from posting, but here I am at last! Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net

I have a card to share today, but before I do that, I wanted to update you on another little something I started. When I originally started this blog, I wanted it to be focused mainly on my cards and other various projects. I want this blog to be a reflection of who I am through my art and my creative side as well as be an inspiration to others. I never wanted this particular blog to focus so much on my personal life, current events, etc. Not that the things posted here arn't personal, but as far as day-to-day happenings and what not, I don't want that to be the main focus here. So I started a new blog: with Words and Lattes
So if you are interested in reading up on my life, thoughts on current events, thoughts in general, recipes, etc. don't be a stranger and stop on by ;)



This is a card I made a few weeks ago and just never got around to posting it. This is what you would call: a simple card. I love it so much though. The fact that the image is stamped on white and there are absolutely NO layers makes the color of the image pop right out at you. I did a blending technique using Prismacolor pencils (gotta love them!), goo gone (yes, I said goo gone), and a stump. Who would've thought that you could use goo gone for something other than taking the stickies off of a picture frame? It blends the color beautifully...it is the best technique I've learned thus far.

Now, I think I am going to go make some tea and curl up on the couch and read a book....ah....

*love*

No comments: