Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Monogram for Mother's Day

I hope all the wonderful mother's out there had a much deserved day of appreciation on Mother's Day this year! Not that we should'nt always make our mothers feel appreciated no matter what day it is, but I hope it was a good day nevertheless. My sister, Beth and I took our mom out tonight (yes...a little belated) to a great local Tex-Mex resturant for Mother's day, and it was so much fun. Good food, good talks, great laughs. It was nice :)

So I kept thinking about what to get my mom for Mother's Day, and I know she enjoys when I make things for her, so I thought a nice note card/stationary set would be perfect! And this is what I came up with:

This is a set of 6 note cards placed in a desktop organizer (template found at papertrey ink).

The desktop organizer was made out of one sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 Kraft cardstock. Lauren Meader makes the best templates! So many things you can do with them, they're very versatile and worth the $5.00!

I used white card stock as my base, and then stamped a flower image on sage shadow cardstock and cut that so that it was a little smaller than the base. I then used a corner punch and punch the corners of both pieces. The polka dot ribbon is AWESOME! I am in love with polka dots and I think that it adds some fun and a modern touch to the floral design. My moms name is Bonnie so that is why it's a 'B' monogram.

This is the card I gave her. I FINALLY used my new cuttlebug for a card! I love this machine and I am so excited to about using it more. The chocolate chip cardstock is embossed with a polka dot border. I used a ticket corner punch to get that look on the corners. I was inspired by this layout from clean & simple stamping.

Supplies:
Stamps: Delight in Life, Merci (Stampin' Up!), Studio G (Michaels)
Ink: Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!)

Paper:
Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!), White (Papertrey Ink), Kraft
Accessories:
Ribbon (Hobby Lobby), Ticket Corner Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Cuttlebug


Thank you so much for taking a look, and I always appreciate comments, feeback, etc from those who wander to this part of the internet world :)

*love*

7 comments:

Abigail said...

wow, these are beautiful! you really do have an artistic eye!

:)

-abby

Sarah said...

Thanks Abby :)

Doris said...

First visit to your blog, but it won't be my last. Love your style!

Sarah said...

Thanks so much Doris! I hope to do some new posts here soon...this summer kind of got busy for me :)

CHINI said...

I appreciation to all mother
PVC cards

CHINI said...

You think by a truly artistic eye
Credit Cards

شركة اوائل المثالي said...

شركة تنظيف بالدمام
شركة تسليك مجاري بالجبيل
شركة تسليك مجاري بالخبر